District of WondersTales To TerrifyProtecting Project PulpCrime City CentralStarShipSofa

2009 Nanaowrimo–anyone else prepping

Home Forums On the Sofa For The Writer 2009 Nanaowrimo–anyone else prepping

This topic contains 12 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  expatpaul 5 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

Jalanford

I’m just trying to get my resources aligned for Nanowrimo 2009. I think I’m almost ready. Characters detailed. Plot vaguely outlined. Ready for the second day to trash it all.

Good luck with it! It sounds like a fairly daunting task though you sound as if you are quite well prepped.

I’m thinking about giving it a go this years. No preparation though. I’m just going to wing it… oh dear…

expatpaul

I’m considering having a go at it as well. I do have a vague idea, as well as the suuspicion that this will completely run out of steam by the end of the second day. We shall see.

grazulis

I’m supposed to be doing it this year. It suddenly dawned on me last week how close it was and how little idea of what I’m going to write I actually have. Time to start trawling old notebooks.

For anyone thinking about doing it – it’s great fun and I highly recommend it.

If I seriously thought for a second there was a chance I might complete this task I’d suggest that maybe we should make this interesting and put a little wager on it…

expatpaul

I wouldn’t bet anything on this one. I had a go at Script Frenzy back in April and managed 42 pages out of the 100 page target. If I do have a go at NoNoWriMo, hitting 50% will make me very happy indeed.

Jalanford

David Rees-Thomas said:
    Good luck with it! It sounds like a fairly daunting task though you sound as if you are quite well prepped.

I’m just picking up where I left off last year (real life work took over to the tune of 12 to 14 hour days and, because of that, I only made to 10,000 words). I have an incredibly difficult time turning off the internal editor while I write. I use Nano as a tool to get me to “brain dump”. The most I’ve ever managed is 30,000 words. Sigh.

I think I’d actually have to seriously improve my typing skills if I was going to try this!

I’m not sure if I’d seriously call it preping but I’ve just had a wee looksee around the nanowrimo site for about the first time since I signed up to it and there’s something called buddies on it, which i guess is a means of networking, etc… so here‘s my profile if anyone is interested in being writing buddies, although I’ve nay idea how to add someone…

grazulis

Good idea. Mine is here

the english assassin said:
    I’m not sure if I’d seriously call it preping but I’ve just had a wee looksee around the nanowrimo site for about the first time since I signed up to it and there’s something called buddies on it, which i guess is a means of networking, etc… so here‘s my profile if anyone is interested in being writing buddies, although I’ve nay idea how to add someone…

Jalanford said:I have an incredibly difficult time turning off the internal editor while I write.

This is very much my problem, so I find the idea of NaNoWriMo simultaneously interesting and frightening. I don’t think there’s any way I could get close to 50k words, but maybe it is just a good idea to force myself to write more than I would otherwise.

expatpaul

It turns out that the profile I created for ScriptFrenzy back in April also applies to NaNoWriMo. So I will give this thing a go and you can find me here

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.