District of WondersTales To TerrifyStarShipSofaFar Fetched Fables

#86 “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast”

Home Forums Podcast Tales To Terrify #86 “Sinner, Baker, Fabulist, Priest; Red Mask, Black Mask, Gentleman, Beast”

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  doctornemo 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Freign

Thanks for doing this one again for us, Mr Santoro – I accidentally trashed the file of the old Pseudopod ep of this one and regretted it sorely.  ”Chuffed to bits” when I read the title for this ep!

I think your reading of this one really adds something – not that Mr Foster’s disturbing work is weak or lacking in any way, but your pipes & treatment of the material convey a certain obsessiveness and frailty (which turns nicely dark in the denouement) that fleshes out and illustrates that narrative quite well.

Thanks again;

~ Mr F

doctornemo

A fine tale, reminding me of 1960s New Wave sf. Also Jack Vance, especially “Moon Moth.” It’s remarkable how many different story types race by: dystopia, horror (torture), horror (psychological), sf (how do the masks work…?). A powerful exploration of identify.

And bravo, Mr. Santoro! A passionate, well crafted reading.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.