District of WondersTales To TerrifyProtecting Project PulpCrime City CentralStarShipSofa

"Cheapskates" Host Finalist in Stuff You Should Know horror fiction contest!

Home Forums Podcast "Cheapskates" Host Finalist in Stuff You Should Know horror fiction contest!

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  acpracht 1 year, 7 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

acpracht

Hi, All: Adam of the Cheapskates segment here.

Holy crap!

My story ended up in the final 16 of the Stuff You Should Know Horror Fiction contest!

Here’s the link: http://blogs.howstuffworks.com/2012/09/09/read-the-sweet-16-horror-fiction-contest-entries-here-2/

If you haven’t heard of the podcast, it’s put out twice-weekly by Discovery Channel internationally, and every Halloween, they break with the ususal format and read a scary story. Last two years they read a classic by Lovecraft and Poe, respectively, but this year they put it out to their fanbase. Now that I’m in the 16, each week people will have the opportunity to vote on their favorites in a bracket-style contest. There’s no prize money, but the final winner will get read by Josh and Chuck near Halloween.

This is easily the most significant exposure my fiction work has ever had! I encourage you to go there, read all the stories and vote for your favorites in the bracket every week for the next four weeks.

Thanks!

-Adam

acpracht

Hi, Cheapskates! I just found out that I will be interviewed on my local radio station morning show regarding my story that was selected as a finalist for the Stuff You Should Know Horror Fiction Contest. It will be at 8:36 a.m. Central Time on Wednesday Sept. 12. They livestream on the internet at the following, if you want to listen in: http://mgmt.firststreaming.com/listen/player.php?callsign=ksal_am
    Thank you!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.