District of WondersTales To TerrifyProtecting Project PulpCrime City CentralStarShipSofa

Poetry Planet poll

Home Forums On the Sofa Everything Else Poetry Planet poll

This topic contains 11 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  Nathan Boole 2 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

divadiane
    Participant

OK everyone, I’m feeling a little lonely on my poetry planet and was wondering if you might be willing to take a brief survey (5 questions) for me. It’s only meant to give me feed-back about listeners and what you’d like to hear on the show. Even if you don’t listen to Poetry Planet (even ever), would you mind taking the survey? Pretty Please? Thank you!

Poetry Planet Survey

Gonzalo

Done too.

expatpaul

Uh-Oh, I’m done four 8-O

Time to get back to reading…

divadiane
    Participant

Thanks guys!!! Mwah!

MrWednesday

That’s me at 5.

James

Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time like tears in rain.

divadiane
    Participant

Thanks, James! I appreciate your feedback!

Fredosphere

I’m 6.

My main comment is to have fewer poems. I find they tend to run together, and become a blur. Poetry takes a lot of concentration, and I find I miss a lot. I honestly wish we could have half the poems, but each one read twice (but I don’t expect anyone to agree with me on that).

Morgan

Hey, I just did one too. I really enjoy the show, keep it up…

divadiane
    Participant

Hi everyone! Thank you so much for your responses to the survey. I really appreciate all the encouragement, but also the bits of constructive criticism and helpful suggestions that many pollsters made.

In the future, I will…
    Try to keep the length down. I think 20 minutes is a pretty good length and if I have to do a two part theme, well then, I’ll do a two-parter, like on Time Travel.

Encourage poets to make their own recordings. People seem to want to hear a poet’s own interpretation. Not all poets have the capability to record and transmit it to me, so I’ll still be reading some.

People seem to want to hear poets’ bios; hear about new publications; and hear some info on the poem including my own take on it. Some people suggested interviews with poets on technique. Of course, it’s hard to keep length down AND include all these goodies. I’ll just have to see what I can do.

I would really like to encourage some commentary on the poetry on the forum. The majority of those who responded said they’ve never commented on the poetry here, but it also seems like some aren’t aware of this forum. So those of you, you core Sofanauts, I’d be delighted if you would take a moment to at least mention your favorite poem in a series. And Morgan, I’ve been remiss on commenting on your segment as well, it is indeed a lonely world.

I never intended on abandoning Poetry Planet after only a year and 6 episodes. I merely wanted to find out if there were in fact other listeners besides the poets themselves. And it seems there are, which is very encouraging!

I’m going to leave the poll open so anyone coming late to this, feel free to participate whenever!

Nathan Boole

Just took the survey! I agree with Fredosphere that fewer poems (2 – 5 depending on length would be the ideal amount for me personally in terms of absorption/appreciation) interspersed with some relevant commentary by either you (Diane) or the poet, or someone else awesome (W.B. Yeats’s ghost maybe) would be great!

Interviews with poets on technique would also be amazing. Maybe, so that time constraints are less of an issue, you could every now and then do a special episode on a particular poet, play a few of their poems and then talk with them about the poems/technique/whatever.

Just an idea! I love the shows that have come before this poll, and I look forward to hearing the ones that will come after!

Thanks for the hard work Diane!

–Nathan

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.