District of WondersTales To TerrifyProtecting Project PulpCrime City CentralStarShipSofa

Protecting Project Pulp No. 30: Robert E. Howard

Home Forums Podcast Protecting Project Pulp Protecting Project Pulp No. 30: Robert E. Howard

This topic contains 7 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  carter101 1 year, 10 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Fredosphere

Main Fiction: “Waterfront Fists” by Robert E. Howard, first published in Fight Stories, September, 1930.

Narrator: Jim Philips.

Trouble never troubled Steve Costigan, for trouble meant action with a capital A—and action was what Steve craved. This time it was Honolulu, waterfront cabarets, and—guess what—a beautiful girl!

MDominic

I don’t know if Dave is checking in on the forums (fora?) but I just wanted to take the opportunity to say thanks for 30 pulptastic episodes, and for very quickly making PPP one of my favorite podcasts. Looking forward to many more interesting episodes with Simon at the helm…

Gonzalo

Seconded. He is on google plus, if anyone uses that :)

So is Simon.

Dave_R

Thanks, gents! I can’t tell you what it means to hear that people enjoyed what I was doing… it’s a great affirmation that I contributed – along with Fred and Tom and (of course) Tony – to giving this awesome podcast a good launching into the podosphere.

And I am on Google Plus (there’s 2 Dave Robison profiles… go with the bald guy profile), but I’m hoping to stay active in the forums (as much as time will allow). I love what the PPP is doing and Simon is going to be a FABULOUS host… I’m looking forward to hanging out while all the cool stuff unfolds.

Not had a chance to listen to the latest show yet (due to broadband failure).  However I’d like to add my thanks to Dave Robison for his contribution to PPP. I was initially sceptical about a Pulp show but it has become a firm favourite of mine.

All the be st for the future and I hope Tony will still be able to persuade you to do the occasional narration.

Time to get back to reading…

SimonH

I’d like to second MDominic’s comment about Dave’s awesome contribution – and I hope the team and I can keep pushing out the shows at the same high quality. :)

And don’t worry, you will hear Dave’s voice on the PPP in the future – there’ll be a catchup interview at some point, and hopefully more narrations. Good luck with everything, Dave.

Dave… You know my feelings. I wish you well my friend. And Simon… the door is open… there’s the seat… away you go!

carter101

Just wanted to add to the praise: I started downloading PPP from the outset but took ages to actually start to listen to it. I didn’t really have an appreciation for what the genre represents. Once I got into it, I was hooked. I’ve enjoyed Dave’s pulp style intro and endcaps. What has come across most is his love of the genre: I now look forward to it every month. I’m also really interested to hear how Simon how is planning to take it. I do believe that some of these short stories act as mini-time capsules that throw so much light onto an amazing period.
    (Also, great story to finish on!)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.