StarShipSofa No 326 D. Thomas Minton

February 26, 2014 by acpracht

Coming up…

Fact Article: Science News by J J Campanella 01:40

Pick the name for the new fantasy podcast from StarShipSofa and the District of Wonders Network: http://poll.fm/4nusd

Main Fiction: “The Schrödinger War” by D. Thomas Minton 37:00

You’d think after seven tries, I could get the living part right, or at least be a pro at dying, but both are still messy and painful. At least dying doesn’t scare me anymore.

D. Thomas Minton recently traded a tropical Pacific Island for the Pacific Northwest of the continental USA, and now lives a short walk from vineyards and an alpaca farm. Because of the miracle—or is it the curse—of modern technology, he still moonlights as a tropical marine biologist. At any given time, he can be found working in his garden with his wife and daughter…and too many cats.

Minton is a member of the Science Fiction Writers of America and his fiction has been published or is forthcoming in a variety of magazines and anthologies, including Asimov’s Science Fiction Magazine and Lightspeed Magazine.

Narrator: Josh Roseman

Josh Roseman (not the trombonist; the other one) lives in Georgia (the state, not the country). His writing has appeared in Asimov’sEscape Pod, and the Crossed Genres anthology Fat Girl in a Strange Land. His fiction has been reprinted by the Dunesteef Audio Fiction Magazine and StarShipSofa, and his voice has been heard on two Escape Artists and all four District of Wonders podcasts. He is a 2013 graduate of the Taos Toolbox writing workshop. When not writing, he mostly complains about the fact that he’s not writing. Visit him online at roseplusman.com, follow him on Twitter @listener42, or purchase his story “Secret Santa” on the Kindle at tinyurl.com/secretsantastory

Comments

1. That was one grim, fierce tale of war from D. Thomas Minton. It’s a fine example of how science fiction can show us the new forms military conflict can take under technology’s impact.
    It’s also a powerful human story.
    I look forward to a Minton anthology!

Links to this post
  1. […] got word late last night that the podcast of my story “The Schrödinger War” was going live at Starship Sofa.  I haven’t […]