1. The intellectual excitement of the “What if?” scenario.
2. A deeper consideration of what it means to be human.
3. It challenges and stimulates our thoughts and reasoning. Allows
us to ponder different ideas from our own.
4. A place where rationality and creativity come together.
6. Are we not already living in a very science fiction life – a little more can’t hurt.
During a fit of nostalgia for some of the Sci-fi that I devoured as a kid, I googled something like, “Niven, Asimov, Pohl, Science Fiction”. Your site came up. I listened to a few episodes and was frankly amazed how much the Sofa scratched that same itch that my old subscriptions to Asimov and Analog magazine did years ago.
Reading your list above – it makes a lot of sense why the Sofa is so good.
8. The sheer sense of wonder that science fiction can evoke
We need Science Fiction to help us understand and function within our ever changing world.