District of WondersTales To TerrifyProtecting Project PulpCrime City CentralStarShipSofa

StarShipSofa No 224 Paul Cornell / L.E. Modesitt, Jr

Home Forums Podcast Aural Delights – Episode Feedback StarShipSofa No 224 Paul Cornell / L.E. Modesitt, Jr

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Talia 2 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Coming Up

Fact: Film Talk by Dennis Lane 01:05

Short Story: Precision Set by L.E. Modesitt Jr 10:40

Fact: Hugo Reviews by Andy Tomaswick 26:00

Main Fiction: One of Our Bastards Is Missing By Paul Cornell 32:00

Narrators: Mike Boris, Jack Calvery

SimonH

What a great pair of stories, particularly Paul’s – just stunning.

Wonderful showing from new narrator Jack as well – and Mike’s effort was, of course, up to his usual astronomical standards. :)

NickPheas

Enjoyed that. And, can’t remember if it was mentioned, the followup story is available on paulcornell.com

Gonzalo

Thanks for that Nick – I’m off to Paul’s site to look at the sequel. Also really enjoyed Andy Tomaswick’s Hugo series. I really enjoyed Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell, must read it again some time. I think it took Susanna Clarke 10 years to write it (it was her first book) and that a sequel is in the works, but no publication date set as yet.

Talia

Wow, ‘One of Our Bastards Is Missing’ was just spectacular. Totally fascinating! It ‘reads’ like sci-fi but has to be fantasy as it seems to be set in the 1800′s or something. I think it was that the ‘technology’ was constantly referred to but never explained, so it could have been tech, or it could have been magic – hard to say. The fact that the queen could transfer “notes” via her hand sounds like computers though. Pretty darn awesome either way. Will be reading the sequel for sure. Been a while since i’ve been so enthused about a story.. gotta get all my friends to have a listen too. Just friggin’ neat.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Comments

Comments are closed.